Clean Energy Project Analysis with RETScreen® Expert
Synopsis: RETScreen® Expert is the latest version of the leading clean energy decisions support software from Natural Resources Canada. Using this software in this 2-day course, building/facility operators, equipment/service providers, and clean energy proponents will learn:
- More about the capabilities and costs of clean energy technologies ranging from solar photovoltaics through efficient building technologies.
- How to do a solid financial analysis of a proposed clean energy project, including sensitivity and risk analysis
- How to determine the most cost-effective clean energy options
- How to track ongoing energy consumption or production for a building, industrial operation, or green power project, using linear regression, CUSUM, and measurement and verification techniques
- How to follow the performance of a portfolio of facilities
Case study topics: This intensive, two-day training session will provide hands-on instruction in the use of RETScreen® Expert for feasibility, performance, and portfolio analysis. Participants will learn through case studies covering a range of renewable and energy efficiency projects (to be selected on the basis of participant interest). These may include:
- Feasibility of chiller or boiler retrofits
- Feasibility of LED lighting upgrade
- Feasibility of using variable speed drive for motors/pumps
- Feasibility of building envelope improvements
- Feasibility of combined heat and power projects
- Feasibility of residential and utility-scale grid-tied photovoltaic projects
- Feasibility of grid-tied wind project
- Feasibility of solar air or water heating
- Performance analysis of natural gas consumption before and after boiler upgrade
- Performance analysis of electricity consumption before and after VFD installation on pump motor
- Performance analysis of photovoltaic system
- Multivariate performance analysis of electricity consumption in an industrial facility
- Multivariate performance analysis of solar project (heating or PV)
- Analysis of a portfolio of buildings
- Analysis of a portfolio of photovoltaic projects
- Other projects of interest to participants
Included with course: Lunch, coffee, and participants will receive a 3-month subscription to RETScreen Expert, worth $225.
Instructor: The courses will be taught by Michael Ross, BASc, who has taught over 50 RETScreen courses.
Cost: $795 plus applicable taxes
Dates: Autumn 2019
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, and other cities in Alberta, if demand warrants
Contact/registration: To be placed on a contact list, or for more information, contact email@example.com
Created 2019/03/07 Updated 2019/03/07 ©2019 RER Energy Inc.